Training & Testing
Why will people follow a leader? Out of all of the attributes of the best leaders one stands out: They are highly trusted. It is a myth that great leaders are born with the skill. Learning how to be a great leader is a journey and trust training is an important and vital part of that journey. If you want to make a positive impact with people and within an organization you must have the trust of the people who follow you. It is a mistake to assume that trust will come with a position or a title. Sometimes it is just the opposite. People mistrust authority or people in power. But there are behaviors and actions that can be done to build trust and fortunately they can be learned. The challenge and opportunity is in the different level of trust that each person starts with. Consciously and deliberately we are changing the way people perceive trust; feel about trust and how they generate trust through behaviors and actions. Our program is designed to facilitate positive and lasting change in trust.
Based upon research through Edelman, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Trust Across America/Trust around the world, we know trust is in decline. There is a correlation between trust and corporate success.
- A classic study by Cornell University on Holiday Inn Employees found that where managers followed through on promises and had behavioral integrity (trust indicators) they were more profitable
- Watson Wyatt Worldwide found that organizations in which front line employees trusted their senior leaders had a 42 percent higher return on shareholder investments than organizations in which distrust was the norm.
- Trust Across America found that for a short term, low trust companies can make profits but that high trust organizations make more money in the long term.
- Edelman found in their 2016 “Trust Barometer” that nearly one in three employees don’t trust their employer.
87% of leaders believe they are trusted more than they are. When conducting 360 assessments the leaders employees rated them lower than the rated themselves. They were not aware of what they should start or stop doing to improve their trust ability.
Lea is certified in all of the Vital Signs Assessments which gets to the heart of engagement and transformation. The Vital Signs tools all use a practical model in simple business language; the five drivers are Motivation, Teamwork, Change, Execution and Trust.
Training & Testing
Trusted: Secret Lessons from an Inspired Leader
"I was apprehensive at first about another business fable, but as soon as I picked up TRUSTED I got engaged in the story. The insights about trust and how trust is one of the core fundamental building blocks of a successful business - and of life - effortlessly fell from the pages. A seriously good read!"
- Michel Neray, Founder, momondays, momondays.com
"Lea Brovedani has written a terrific book on building trust. She has an admirable skill and talent. Her main character in the book, Hunter, gives us many life lessons in leadership and life. I could not put the book down until it was finished and then I wanted more!"
- Charles Marcus, best-selling author and one of the Top 60 Motivational Speakers In the World